From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of W. Struiksma
Sent: 14 September 2016 14:13
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Problem depositing larger documents via SWORD 2.0

Hi all,

I'm currently having problems depositing larger documents (> 5 MB) via SWORD 2.0. I'm using a PHP script that uses EPrintsWrapper.php. In this script the EPrints XML (including document) is posted via cURL.

https://github.com/davidfkane/eprintsDepositHelper/blob/master/EPrintsWrapper.php

The deposit takes a very long time (8 minutes for 26 MB) and the Apache process goes to a 100% processor capacity.

Has anyone experienced the same behaviour before? What can I do about it?

We use EPrints 3.3.13.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Willem Struiksma