[EP-tech] Changing DOCTYPE, Validate HTML, (X)HTML vs. HTML5 etc...

Hi EP-Techies, hi Justin,

[running eprints 3.3.13]

on our way adding bootstrap to our repo, we stumbled over the DOCTYPE
declaration. While https://validator.w3.org reports ARIA-caused errors
(unknown role=nav stuff), https://validator.w3.org/nu/ shows (correctly),
that the XHTML-Transitional declaration used in EP3.3.x is not HTML5
conformant and we should better reduce to  <!DOCTYPE html>

So what do you think?

- Where is the right place to change the DOCTYPE best? It seems that the
module perl_lib/EPrints/XHTML.pm changes the DOCTYPE declaration in the
default.xml template to

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

-  Should EPrints support HTML5 in future versions? (EPrints 3.4)

Regards
 Martin & Jens from Z?rich

--
Jens Vieler