From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Hiroshi Watabe <hwatabe at m.tohoku.ac.jp>
Date: Monday, 7 November 2016 01:27
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] fail to import PubMedID

Dear all,

It seems PubMed only accepts https now and I cannot import PubMed ID
anymore. I got the following warning message.
Unhandled warning in Import::PubMedID: http error : Unknown IO error

I modified PubMedID.pm as follows but no success.
27c27
<       $self->{EFETCH_URL} =
'http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=pubmed&retmode=xml&rettype=full';
---
       $self->{EFETCH_URL} =
'https://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=pubmed&retmode=xml&rettype=full';

Error message is as follows;
Unhandled exception in Import::PubMedID: Could not create file parser
context for file

Could you help me?

Hiroshi

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc?s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.