[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: Digital Preservation in EPrints

Hi Tomasz,

the command line version of DROID 6.x does not support the FileCollection
XML report as it was created by DROID 4 and used by the Preservation
Toolkit Bazaar package, see also discussion on
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/droid-list/odOGT7ccn2I

I have somewhere on my disk the tar file for DROID 4. Please contact me
off-list if you want to have it. It runs with Java 1.6 or higher - we run
it with Java 1.8.

DROID 4 is indeed outdated. We noted that even with the most recent PRONOM
signature files, it does not recognize the format of about 4% of our PDF
files, while spot checks revealed that DROID 6 does recognize the format.

It is still on my todo list (in the course of the SUK P-2 project Digital
Life Cycle Management) to make the preservation toolkit compatible with
DROID 6.

Best regards,

Martin

--