I will investigate and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Mike

On 5/16/2016 2:17 PM, Tomasz Neugebauer wrote:
I just realized that maybe I didn't answer your question directly: my understanding is that it regenerates that "latest" list "dynamically", every time it is requested.

Tomasz

-----Original Message-----
From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tomasz Neugebauer
Sent: May-16-16 2:10 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] How often does the Latest Additions page refresh?

The script is in /cgi/ folder (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Cgi/ ) the part of EPrints  "handle the dynamic parts of the website".
As an aside, we could really benefit from some more documentation of the CGI scripts :) I've been looking recently at the RSS (export plugins), latest_tool (in cfg.d), latest (in cgi/)... for my purposes, I think I'm going to end up sub-classing RSS to distinguish between the RSS export and the RSS Feed.

For the "latest additions", there are some hard-coded numbers in that CGI script "/cgi/latest", like the 7 day time span.

It looks like it uses "-datestamp" of the eprint for the search criteria to decide if something is "new".
I believe "datestamp" means the moment that an item was first made live in the repository (so not a "publication date", and not a "modified date"), right?

Tomasz