From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Adam Field
Sent: 07 April 2016 15:41
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] User Roles

Roles and permissions give access to plugins and actions on plugins.  The way to test whether a permission is set is to log in as a user at that level and try to do the thing that the permission is for.

Adding permissions at the bottom of the user profile will add to just that user, rather than all users of a certain type.

Jisc

Adam Field
SHERPA services analyst developer