[EP-tech] Re: Importing files

Hi Lizz

With data of this scale, I'd recommend getting it onto the eprints server first (scp and md5sum are your friends), and then attaching from the command line using an API script.  That way you have full control, and can be sure that it won't fail for network reasons.  See:

...for code that attaches a file to an eprint.  This script is my solution to a not-too-dissimilar problem, where I was batch creating eprints, and attaching images to the records (there were lots of them and the tiffs were really big).  My first step was to get everything on the server in some directory somewhere.

I don't think EPrints has a graceful way of attaching large files.

--
Adam