[EP-tech] Antwort: Intermittent altmetric box?

Hi Meghan,

yes, a DOI is required.

We had problems with the box, too, and just implemented Altmetrics in our
eprint_render.pl without using it. Example record:
http://www.zora.uzh.ch/95688/

In cfg.d/z_altmetric, we disable the box:

$c->{plugins}->{"Screen::EPrint::Box::Altmetric"}->{params}->{disable} = 1;

In eprint_render.pl, we use the following code (it adds a column to the
Citations/Altmetrics/Downloads table):

        if ( $eprint->is_set( "doi" ) )
        {
                $td = $session->make_element( "td",
                        valign=>"top" );
                my $altmetrics_title = $session->make_element( "h2" );
                $altmetrics_title->appendChild(
                        $session->html_phrase( "page:altmetrics_title" )
                );
                $td->appendChild( $altmetrics_title );

                my $altmetrics_div = $session->make_element( "div",
                        id => "altmetric_summary_page",
                        "data-doi" => $eprint->value( "doi" )
                );

                $altmetrics_div->appendChild( $session->make_javascript
( <<EOJ ) );
new EP_Altmetric_Badge( 'altmetric_summary_page' );
EOJ
                $td->appendChild( $altmetrics_div );
                $tr->appendChild( $td );
        }

We store the DOI in a field called doi, your implementation may be
different.

Best regards,

Martin

--