[EP-tech] Autocompletion, external source: ROMEO

Hi everybody,

I'm almost done with my installation/configuration. These are my last questions, and once I'm through with them I'll finally air my EPrints installation!! :):)

My library staff asked me to use the ROMEO url lookup (by looking up its database). So, I tried to follow the specific wiki section of the autocompletion guide (http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Autocompletion#external_source), aaaaand...of course I didn't manage it :(.

I edited my field to call the new lookup function and added the new lookup function in my config. I don't seem to be getting any errors in my apache log files, and I can see with tcpdump that whenever the autocomplete ajax request is triggered, traffic from my machine to port 80 of www.nottingham.ac.uk is generated (which probably implies that my queries are sent there via some service). Nonetheless, I don't seem to see any feedback in my field.

More specifically, my cfg/workflows/eprint/default.xml is as follows:

<component type="Field::Multi"><field ref="ml_title" required="yes" input_lookup_url="{$config{rel_cgipath}}/users/lookup/get_journals" input_lookup_params="id={eprintid}&amp;dataset=eprint&amp;field=ml_title"/></component>

since I'm using a multilingual setup (so I'm using the ml_title field instead of the title field), and my ~eprints/cgi/users/lookup/get_journals is exactly the one shown in the wiki page.

Any suggestions are more than welcome,

thanks all in advance,

George

--