[EP-tech] Intermittent altmetric box?

Hello everyone,

Long-time lurker, first time caller here. ;)

We're adding the altmetrics plugin to our repository but I'm finding a few odd things that I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on for me before we move it to our live service.

The altmetrics box doesn't always seem to appear on item records that I think it ought to. I know it needs a DOI to be on the page for it to appear (assumption here - would appreciate confirmation) and run a look-up and where it can't find any discussion/linkage etc. for a DOI, it normally displays the 'No Altmetrics are currently available for this publication' message but for example, this record: http://eprintsdev.brighton.ac.uk/11748/ does not even have the altmetrics box (it normally appears underneath the IRStats graph - we do plan to relocate it but that's a whole new kettle of horror)  but has a DOI and if I check it with the bookmarklet, I can see it has almetrics attached. (screenshot below)

Could anyone shed any light on this for me? Is it just not parsing our eprint records correctly? Are we putting something in the wrong place? Advanced warning, although eprints falls under my remit, I am still very new to it as a back-end service! Also, we do not do direct deposit, our records come in via Converis so I'm really hoping this doesn't involve the mapping between the two.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D0F527.948AD300]
Many thanks,

Meghan

Meghan Jones, Assistant Librarian: Systems

Information Services
Cockcroft Building
University of Brighton
Lewes Road