[EP-tech] Xapian search configuration

Hello all,

I?ve been having some trouble with the simple search and stemming.
When searching on an creators name that can be stemmed (for eg. ?boyes?)
it?s removing the ?es? at the end and returning results with ?boy? in them
as a higher relevance than the items with the creator name of ?Boyes?
If the user searches with the capitalised version, it doesn?t stem it and
brings it to the top. The issue is, that users won?t think about
capitalising proper nouns when they search!

Is there a way I can make it so exact term matches (ignoring case) are
returned with higher relevance before the stemmed term?

Also on this page:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/API:EPrints/Plugin/Search/Xapian it states that
you can set a weight to fields, so they are regarded more highly in
searches, how do you do this? If I could make creators name as a higher
weight, it might also solve this issue.

Thanks
Monica Wood
University of Tasmania