[EP-tech] Re: Permission denied error installing plugin

On 25/11/2015 05:26 μμ, Thomas Lauke wrote:
Hi Kahena,

did you check the set[GU]ID-attribute of your script causing the initial error message 'Failed to mkdir /usr/share/eprints/lib/epm/recollect: Permission denied'?
This setting/attribute could cause to run the script with a different effective user who owns this script ...

Hth
Thomas
In my repos my ~eprints directory is owned by eprints UID and www-data GID, and www-data has write permissions. Hence, a:

# chown -R eprints:www-data ~eprints
# chmod -R g+w ~eprints

sets my permissions as they're supposed to be. Adding a:
#chmod -R o-rwx ~eprints

makes things a bit more strict, but allows only apache and eprints user to make changes in my repo.

I think if you have such permissions your configuration will work.

--
George Mamalakis

IT and Security Officer,
PhD (Aristotle Univ. of Thessaloniki),