From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Matthew Brady
Sent: 12 November 2015 23:19
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] ePrints file upload error in IE11.

Hi All,

Many users have had their IE10 automatically rolled up to IE11, and with it, are having problems with the upload tab and the ajax calls.
It's all working fine in FFox and Chrome...

Can anyone verify this on their own systems, so I can tell if it's a bug in ePrints or just something daft happening within our walls...

The process:

*         Create a new item, when on upload tab, browse to a file, and add it.  (From here on, no clicking/user action is required to get the error)

*         This should start upload and will display the progress meter, and all is good...
[cid:image001.png at 01D11DFD.8D547970]

*         When the progress reaches 100%, the page refreshes, and it gets added to the end of the list of files...
[cid:image002.png at 01D11DFD.8D547970]

*         Not clicking on anything else, the browser will then display an error similar to this.. (about 2-3 seconds...)

[cid:image003.png at 01D11DFD.8D547970]

When I have checked the upload_progress table, there are records for my attempts using ffox/chrome, with expiry dates set a week in the future...
But when checking for the progressid displayed in the error message, it is not to be found in the table, hence the 404.

I am still doing more testing/logging etc, to track it down, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know..

Cheers

Matt

University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba | Queensland | 4350 | Australia

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.

(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )