[EP-tech] Re: IRStats2. Browsers and Countries

This is pretty old, but I haven't seen any response to this.

I noticed that Chrome browser gets identified as Safari in IRStats2. The user agent string from my Chrome browser is :

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.93 Safari/537.36

I don’t have Safari on my computer, but from what I gather from Google, Safari’s user agent looks like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.3 Safari/600.3.18

Anyone here knows how to modify “Browsers.pm” to distinguish the two browsers?

Thanks!

http://www.polymtl.ca/sc/img/logoType/logoseul/gauche/polytechnique_gauche_cmyk.jpg

Robin Sylvestre

Technicien en documentation

Bibliothèque - Services techniques et systèmes informatisés

École Polytechnique de Montréal

Tél.: 514-340-4711 poste 3743