[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EP-tech] Re: What does IRStats2 count as download?



Hi Bettina

	The request a copy function in your version will send out a temporary access token to the requester, who can use this to bypass login on the repository for a short period of time.  If the requester downloads the document, then it will be counted.  However, the act of clicking on 'request a copy' does not get tracked by IRStats.  Also, no distinction is made by IRStats of downloads of restricted items by people who have logged in and people with access tokens.

	Does this answer your question?  I'm still not 100% sure I've understood it.

--
Adam Field
Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
EPrints Services
+44 (0)23 8059 8814





On 21 May 2015, at 11:31, <bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch> <bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Eprints version 3.3.12 is running.
> 
> 
> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] Im Auftrag von Field A.N.
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015 10:33
> An: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
> Betreff: [EP-tech] Re: What does IRStats2 count as download?
> 
> What version of EPrints are you running?
> 
> 
> --
> Adam Field
> Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead EPrints Services
> +44 (0)23 8059 8814
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 21 May 2015, at 08:22, <bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch> <bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Adam,
>> 
>> We provide the " Request a copy" button  to request a copy of the item from the author.
>> We expect a  request of a copy to be counted  like a download of a full-text in the statistic.
>> 
>> sorry, for not being specific from beginning
>> 
>> Bettina
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Von: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk 
>> [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] Im Auftrag von Adam 
>> Field
>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2015 12:36
>> An: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
>> Betreff: [EP-tech] Re: What does IRStats2 count as download?
>> 
>> Hi Bettina
>> 
>>                What's an article request?
>> 
>> --
>> Adam
>> 
>> On 18 May 2015, at 13:56, bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> Hi,
>> 
>> We were wonderting  what IRStats2 counts as download:
>> 
>> 1. Only the downloads?
>> 2. The downloads and the article requests?
>> 
>> If 1. is true, then we would need a way to determine the number of article requests.
>> 
>> Thank you in advance,
>> 
>> best regards,
>> Bettina
>> 
>> 
>> ______________________________
>> Universit?t Bern
>> Abteilung Informatikdienste
>> Gruppe Entwicklung und Projekte
>> 
>> Bettina Schmidt
>> Applikationsverantwortliche
>> 
>> Gesellschaftsstrasse 6
>> CH-3012 Bern
>> Raum U105
>> Tel:  +41 (0)31 631 38 54
>> bettina.schmidt at id.unibe.ch
>> http://www.id.unibe.ch
>> 
>> 
>> *** Options: 
>> http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
>> 
>> *** Options: 
>> http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
>> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
>> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
>> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
> 
> 
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
> 
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/