[EP-tech] Xapian anomaly

Dear all,

by accident we found an anomaly in Xapian Quick search behaviour: On
http://www.zora.uzh.ch/ , do a quick search on \sqrt(s):

http://www.zora.uzh.ch/cgi/search/simple?q=%5Csqrt%28s%29&_action_search=Search&order=&basic_srchtype=ALL&_satisfyall=ALL

When one clicks page 3, 4, 5 etc. the results are displayed.
When one clicks page 2, we get a HTTP status 500 error, and the error log
reads as:

[Thu Apr 02 10:33:38 2015] [error] Exception: The revision being read has
been discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the
operation

The error happens independent of the browser/OS used.
The same search on our test environment runs without any problems.
Other searches, whether with normal query terms or esoteric such as above,
run fine on both production and test systems.

I have the feeling that this is caused due to same caching problem. Or a
defect database.

Any hints? Delete the Xapian DB and run a full reindex?

On both systems we have EPrints 3.3.12,
perl-Search-Xapian-1.2.15.0-1.el6.x86_64 and
xapian-core-libs-1.2.15-1.x86_64 libraries installed.

As I see, the current version of Xapian is 1.2.20.0-1 - are there any plans
that EPrints Services offers updated packages?

http://rpm.eprints.org/xapian/6/x86_64/  is out of date since two years.

Best regards,

Martin

--