[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: What does IRStats2 count as download?

Downloads are counted if they come from a browser.  Accesses from web
robots are not counted.
your_eprints_directory/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Stats/Filter/Robots.pm
defines a list of robots that are excluded.

However, what I don't understand that there are conflicting figures.

- On http://www.zora.uzh.ch/cgi/stats/report , the total number of
downloads (about 3.25 million) is given.
- On http://www.zora.uzh.ch/cgi/stats/report/requests?range=_ALL_&from=&to=
I obtain about the total number of downloads by summing up the "Origin of
downloads2 counts. However, by summing up the numbers from the browsers'
table, I obtain a much higher count (5 million instead of 3.25 million).
Are these requests instead of downloads?

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Br?ndle