[EP-tech] Re: EPrints Import Question

Adam,

Couldn't Greg create an EPrints XML file (by scripting in his favourite
language) and use the EPrints import plugin (XML) to achieve the same
result? Of course the files should be placed in the appropriate
directory, pointed by the XML file. I'm asking that because that's what
I'm planning to do when migrating 10K+ records along with their files
from my old DSpace repository, using a python script. If not, I'll be
the next with the same problem, and don't take it as a motive to answer
"NO" :):):).

On 23/07/2015 11:19 ??, Adam Field wrote:
> I generally script this kind of thing using the EPrints API, but id
> does have to be run on the command line of the server.  I've done this
> quite a few times -- here's an example of one I did a couple of years
> ago:
>
> https://github.com/gobfrey/langsnap_eprints/blob/master/import_data.pl#L58
>
> ...lines 58 to 84 is the process of creating an eprint and attaching a
> file to it.
>
> If you code, or have access to someone who codes, it's
> straightforwards.  I'd be very happy to trade advice, code fragments
> and information for documentation on the EPrints wiki for the next
> person with this problem.
>
> --
> Adam Field
> Business Relationship Manager and Community Lead
> EPrints Services
>
> I am currently not working in the UK.  Due to timezone differences
> (GMT -9) email responses may take longer.
>
> On 22 Jul 2015, at 22:52, Greg Whitney <greg.whitney at polymtl.ca
> <mailto:greg.whitney at polymtl.ca>> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> At Polytechnique Montreal Library, we are investigating the
>> possibility of doing some retrospective scanning of our printed
>> theses collection.  I know that it is possible to load
>>  ?bibliographic? records into EPrints, but is it also possible to
>> batch import the PDF files themselves ??
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Greg Whitney
>>
>> Section Head, Technical & Computer Services
>>
>> Polytechnique Montr?al Library
>>
>> 2500, chemin de Polytechnique
>>
>> Montr?al, QC
>>
>> Canada H3T-1J4