From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 10:16 AM
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: ORCiD

Hi Gregg (and thanks to the others too!), This seems like the solution I want to use.
Our records are harvested by a CRIS, and we don’t have real users in our EPrints install.

Have you also added a custom render function for those fields - to render them as recommended here; http://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/116780-structure-of-the-orcid-identifier#Express ?

(I've just found this: http://blogs.kent.ac.uk/orcid/2014/10/09/technical-update-2/ - which may be of use to others too!)

To answer your point about the composers/exhibitors etc., in EPrints, there is the 'contributor' field that encompasses all these things and more (see: https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/defaultcfg/namedsets/contributor_type).

I don't know if there are any migration tools to move from the disparate fields to this one - or if there are any nice workflow options to e.g. display Creators: contributor[@type=creator] (show only creators, but also auto-set the type to creator)
Editors: contributor[@type=editor]
Other contributors: contributor[@type!=creator and @type!=editor]

I've been meaning to play with this field for a while - but haven't got around to it (yet).