From: Stevan Harnad <harnad at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:03 PM
To: Goodwin, Spencer J
Cc: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Harvester Status for roar.eprints.org?

Dear Spencer,

Les Carr is just about finished fixing the ROAR harvester (celestial) which broke some time ago. Les says it should be up again shortly.

Apologies for the delay,

Stevan

On Sep 17, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Goodwin, Spencer J <SJG62 at pitt.edu<mailto:SJG62 at pitt.edu>> wrote:

Hello Stevan and all,

I? could not find the status of the harvester for http://roar.eprints.org<http://roar.eprints.org/> <http://roar.eprints.org/> and was wondering if it is still an active process?

I find ROAR to be extremely useful, and your aggregate dataset is a jumping off point for some Linked Data projects I am interested in.  We are always improving our offerings and would love to see this reflected on ROAR.  For example, we are configuring our reuse licenses to clearly state the correct rights granted to data users.  Of course we are also seeing new materials in the repositories all the time.

Our institutional repository is stuck at 100 records, see - http://roar.eprints.org/1510/. Could there be anything in our ePrints implementation that prevented the harvester from getting past the first page of results?  When I make these OAI-PMH calls myself I successfully get a resumption token and can continue seeing results, and I can't figure out what may have happened here.

Thank you,
Spencer Goodwin
Repository Adminstrator

Office of Scholarly Communication and Publishing
University Library System, University of Pittsburgh?