[EP-tech] Re: User Masquerade

Hi Dave,

This has never been possible as far as I know. Some components sometime
allow to do "stuff on behalf of" other users, such as with the REF
plug-in.

Such a feature would require low-level patching of
EPrints::Repository->current_user (shouldn't be too hard to achieve
though eg store a on_behalf_of cookie, have a validate method and a pin
on the template to un-masquerade). This would be a sweet feature!

Seb.

On 11.09.2014 16:08, David Kane wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering whether the latest version of eprints allows administrators to masquerade as regular users. I know this was possible a few years ago, but what is the practice now? What works on the more recent versions of EPrints?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> David.
>
> --
>
> David Kane, MSc (Econ). ILS.