From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Jean-Marie Le Bechec
Sent: 12 September 2014 16:10
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Irstats error after updating my version of eprints (3.2 --> 3.3)

Re Seb,

I installed irstats (bazaar) and updated 5 files:

 *   process_stats
 *   z_irstats2.pl
 *   fp_stats
 *   set_finder
 *   get
I raised the script (process_stats) without error.

I have a question: I see usage statistics updated months are much smaller than in previous months. This may be normal, I do not know. This version detects perhaps more robots?

Thank you anyway.

jean-marie

Le 12/09/2014 11:24, sf2 a ?crit :

Salut Jean-Marie,

It's possible you're using an "older" version of irstats2, if so, it sounds like a good opportunity to install the latest version on the bazaar (as you're going through an upgrade process).

If your irstats2 data tables start in irstats2_eprint_ (like irstats2_eprint_downloads) then you won't be able to recover those. That's the old schema. If they don't, replacing the irstats2 code should be OK and your data will be kept (ie you won't need to regen. the data).

Hope this helps,

Seb