[EP-tech] Re: Login required to retrieve requested documents

I?m not trying to be awkward here, just trying to understand this process
as my colleagues here are disagreeing! So, when we or the academic
receives a ?Request Copy? email there is a link in that email to say
?Approve this request? which then takes them to EPrints to confirm that
they approve the request. The requester then receives an email with a link
to download their document. If you?re saying that this can?t be done then
isn?t the above a redundant feature?

On 10/09/2014 14:17, "Ian Stuart" <Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>On 10/09/14 14:05, Andrew Beeken wrote:
>> But shouldn?t the request a copy button create an unlocked version for
>>the
>> person that requested it?
>
>No, request a copy should email the person who deposited the record
>(assuming the depositor left a contact email address), so THEY can pass
>it on.
>
>Repositories cannot arbitrarily unlock restricted records - but
>depositors can send a copy to another researcher if they ask for it
>(under fair use guidelines)
>--
>
>Ian Stuart.
>Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
>Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
>EDINA,
>The University of Edinburgh.
>
>http://edina.ac.uk/
>
>This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.

The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.