To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
From: Jiadi Yao
Sent by: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Date: 11/10/2014 11:55AM
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Help with migrating actual eprint documents from 2 to 3.X

Hi Mike,
In EPrints 3, the file object was added. It needs to be generated before the pdf files can be downloaded.
Try the following instructions from point 3.

Best
Jiadi

Migrate the documents folder

  • export EPrints 2 Metadata using the provided migration toolkit, make change to the exported XML if necessary.
  • import the XML to EPrints 3 server
  • copy over the documents folder to the new server
  • run epadmin upgrade, epadmin update [repoid] -- to upgrade the database structure
  • run epadmin upgrade_add_files [repoid] -- to add the file object introduced in eprints3

If the files are not downloadable (giving eprints system error), delete the file table in the database, then do epadmin update(create the files table), then rerun epadmin upgrade_add_files