[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search
- From: af05v at ecs.soton.ac.uk (Field A.N.)
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:28:38 +0000
- In-reply-to: <C2F0F2B71A1597459E7FE37EE92E95682A1632E278@exchange>
- References: <C2F0F2B71A1597459E7FE37EE92E95682A1632E278@exchange>
We've taken a look at this here at EPrints Services (you have a support contract, so we're wondering why you didn't contact us directly) and we've discovered the following:
* The items had not been indexed properly
* Reindexing those specific items worked
Both the simple and the advanced search are now returning the same results. Either the correct sequence of indexing was not correctly triggered or it was triggered but failed to complete. I have created a support ticket, and a more detailed look will be taken at this.
On 25 Nov 2014, at 10:28, Dan Lear wrote:
> I have a hosted eprints installation - http://plymsea.ac.uk/
> If I type an author name (eg ?Ingels?) into the search box I get 13 results.
> If I go to Advanced Search->Creators (any of) and enter ?Ingels? I get 16 results.
> Can someone explain the difference between the 2 searches please.
> Many thanks
> *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/
Business Relationship and Community Manager