[EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search

Just to add to this, we also have some strange indexing issues with records that match both of your problems. We never managed to get to the bottom of the problem either, however I will look in my emails and see if I can find the last correspondence I had with the mailing list regarding it.

Andrew

From: "martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch<mailto:martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch>" <martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch<mailto:martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch>>
Date: Tuesday, 25 November 2014 11:27
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>>
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Different Results from Search/Advanced Search

Hi Dan,

yes, the number of results from quick search should be equal or higher than those from advanced search, not vice versa.
Obviously, your eprints 6157, 5974, and 5977 are not indexed by Xapian.

We have also found that 6 out of 1614 records in our repo were not indexed by Xapian (since we log since 25th September whether a record is indexed ).
Indexing rate should be 100%, not 99.5%!
We have not yet found a reason why this is so, although for 4 records we see some pattern.
Definitely we can say that it is NOT due to record locking.

Your and our case tend us to believe that there must be some bug - it seems that due to some obscure reason Xapian indexing is not triggered.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Br?ndle
Zentrale Informatik

mail: martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch<mailto:martin.braendle at id.uzh.ch>
phone: +41 44 63 56705
fax: +41 44 63 54505
http://www.id.uzh.ch

[Inactive hide details for Dan Lear ---25/11/2014 11:34:45---Hi, I have a hosted eprints installation - http://plymsea.ac.uk/]Dan Lear ---25/11/2014 11:34:45---Hi, I have a hosted eprints installation - http://plymsea.ac.uk/