[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] EP_TRIGGER_URL_REWRITE and redirecting to a screen
- Subject: [EP-tech] EP_TRIGGER_URL_REWRITE and redirecting to a screen
- From: J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk (John Salter)
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:16:14 +0100
What's the *best/intended* way to go from an EP_TRIGGER_URL_REWRITE trigger to a screen?
>From searching the Bazaar, is seems like most things like this either:
(1) use a cgi/... script that does the screen selection/processing, or
(2) register a handler that does the work (e.g. $request->set_handlers(PerlResponseHandler => [ 'EPrints::Plugin::MePrints::MePrintsHandler' ] ); )
Both seem not-quite-right: (1) requires the trigger to do a redirect (another HTTP call), (2) would duplicate a lot of stuff that EPrints does 'normally' (the screen I want to use is a normal EPrints screen).
Should the trigger should be able to do the work?
Have I missed some magic way of doing this?