De : eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] De la part de Gilles Fourni?
Envoy? : 10 juillet 2014 03:23
? : eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Objet : [EP-tech] Re: About compounds

Hi,

Great news ! Thanks !

We are in the process of moving our current system to eprints. At the moment, I need to create the structure for our repository and develop export tools to get our current data to eprints. So, I'm more than interested in your author system. Your description of it seems to cover all our needs, and a few more... :-)

If I can be of some help in testing with our 3.3.12 version, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Gilles

Le 10/07/2014 01:34, Matthew Brady a ?crit :

Hi All,

We have an author system up and running (95% working :) in 3.3.10 and 100% running in out prev 3.1.x version),

It handles a multitude of author related details, broken into two distinct groups,

Author (the details about the person, including as many identifiers as you want/need, eg. alternate names, external id's (ORCID, Uni ID's anything really), email addresses etc..).

And

Author Instance (the details about that person for a point in time, Institution Affiliation, department affiliation (if reqd.) etc.

A single Author can have many Author Instances and the Author Instance ID gets placed into the creators 'id' field to tie it all together.

This allows the 'cited' creators name, to be linked to an Author. (http://eprints.usq.edu.au/view/uniqueauthor/).

The instance record allows for collaboration reporting, internally, and externally between institutions.

I am in the process of cleaning it up, and pushing it out to Seb for possible inclusion into the main codebase, to give back to the community.

It has taken longer that I am happy with to fix a few bugs found while upgrading to 3.3.10, but it all seems to be done.

Cheers

Matt.