[EP-tech] Re: Change EPrint field type.

Hola Brian,

You should be able to change it directly to "id" and run epadmin
update_database_structure - it will be the no-op since "text" and "id"
have the same db field definition. (in fact if you look at the source
code, you'll see that "text" is a special case of "id").

Also.. in doubt, back up your DB before making the change.

Seb

On 09.12.2014 19:03, Brian D. Gregg wrote:

> All,
>
> We have an EPrint field that we intended to use to hold ORCIDs originally defined as 'type' => 'text' and we have done so and thus we have data in the fields already.
>
> The problem is that an advanced search for an ORCID ID will return more than just the exact ORCID ID due to the fuzzy matching imposed on a 'text' field. I was advised to change this to 'type' => 'id' to force the advanced search to use exact matching.
>
> My question is how can I change this field to 'type' => 'id' including any database changes if they are needed (we are using MySQL)? Obviously we edit the eprint_fields.pl file and change the definition, but what if anything else needs to be done on the database backend to accommodate this change?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Brian.
>
> BRIAN D. GREGG
>
> _Solutions Architect _|_ Manager Systems Development_
>
> University of Pittsburgh | University Library System
>
> Address: 7500 Thomas Blvd. Room 129 Pittsburgh, PA 15208 [5]
>
> Tel: (412) 648-3264 | Email: bdgregg at pitt.edu | Fax: (412) 648-3585

> *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/ [2]
> *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/ [3]
> *** EPrints developers Forum: http://forum.eprints.org/ [4]