From: Florian He? <hess at ub.uni-heidelberg.de>
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: OR-linked search filters?

Am 08.12.2014 um 14:52 schrieb sf2:
> Hi,
>
> I think "match" takes one of EX EQ IN or SET. And merge one of ALL or ANY
>
> Try IN?

Thank you Seb. Wondering why it worked that way for this long. :-)

Unfortunately, filters work non-hierarchically. Whatever "match" or
"merge" may be set to, it relates to one field or couple of fields as
listed in @$meta_fields independently from other filters. What I need is
rather a general OAI filter working like that:

return $record if (
???? first({ $_ eq $type } @SAFE_TYPE) # those types below
? || ( $type=~/^HD/ && first { $_ eq "340" } @subject )
);

I would humbly suggest to allow a sub-ref to filter setting if there is
not another way yet. Sure this cannot be optimized on database level,
but it is more flexible when needed.

Florian

> Seb
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile