[EP-tech] EPrints 3.3 encoding characters

Hi All,

we recently have migrated to 3.3 and we are still having an issue with the characters in the original data. For new entries this is not a problem but for the old it is. The original data in the database used to look like symbols such as "’" or "–", but now most of these are just "�" in the new converted 3.3 text. This is generally on titles and abstracts, I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue on migration and how they went about fixing it,

Any information you can supply would be of great help,

Kind regards,
David Whitehead.