From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Klein, Stephen
Sent: Friday, 22 March 2013 9:46 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Cc: Thistlethwaite, Polly
Subject: [EP-tech] SWORD & LDAP

We are struggling getting LDAP to work with ePrints 3.3. Seems like an incomplete build because the documentation does not reflect the files.

Anyway, here is my question:

If we intend to use ePrints with Proquest via SWORD is there any reason to even pursue LDAP?
I mean if folks are submitting via Proquest and SWORD successfully simultaneously deposits into ePrints, is there a need for LDAP authentication?

Thank  you.

Sincerely,
Stephen

Stephen Klein
http://libguides.gc.cuny.edu/profile/sklein
Digital Services Librarian
Room 2318
Mina Rees Library
CUNY Graduate Center
365 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10016-4309
sklein@gc.cuny.edu
212 817 7074
"The purpose of technology is not to confuse the brain, but to serve the body." -- William S. Burroughs Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail P