[EP-tech] Re: 10_core.pl regeneration. HElP

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 15:32 -0600, ERI UB Belize wrote:
> hi,
> I am testing out a backup method if eprints ever went down or files
> got corrupted.
> I want to copy over the version from the production server to a test
> server. Thereafter, I would have to modify the DNS entry.
> I was reading that this is done through the 10_core.pl
> Do I edit this file directly?
> In addition, in the 10_core.pl file it states:
> This file was created by bin/epadmin
> # You can regenerate this file by doing ./bin/epadmin config_core eriubpubs
>
> Where do I run those regeneration commands?
> What all would I have to edit so the test version and the production
> version would be accessed from different URL's?

You run that on the command line (as you did originally to create the
repository).

But if you are setting up a test server the best thing to do is to add a
file "11_test_core.pl" that overrides the hostname in 10_core.

Lastly, you will need to remove your static files to get rid of stale
links in HTML pages (archives/[archiveid]/html/*) and
do ./bin/generate_apacheconf --replace.

--
All the best,
Tim