[EP-tech] Re: Documents component with options unrolled from the start

Am 22.08.2012 10:39, schrieb Tim Brody:

If you can I suggest making this a configuration option. You could
> add a parameter to the Component::Documents that controls whether the
> metadata box should appear open or closed.

Something like:
<component type="Documents" show_metadata="always">

Okay, I'll try with show_metadata="onUpload" (to unroll all docs would be just a poor man's solution if nothing else worked), although it seems to me that server-side code handling this parameter will simply insert html code to signal to the client that whichever document has just been downloaded. Any further logic is preferably client-side as well, right?

In my eyes automatically unrolling metadata of the uploaded document seems worth making the default (then also positioning the file/url upload box below existing docs to avoid the need of scrolling up again and again if there are many uploads), that's why I asked/suggested :-).

Kind regards,
Florian

--
UB Heidelberg (Altstadt)