[EP-tech] Re: specific Views for particular types

Hello,

On 29/03/12 16:27, Florian He? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have a bunch of special views for the eprint type "thesis
> abstract". E.g., for the view of thesis abstract creators, I would
> prefer a menu level listing their name initials A to Z with each linking
> to a sub-menu list solely the respective names or their documents, we
> will see. Is that possible? That would be nice, as it takes very long to
> generate and send pages with 7000+ authors.
>
> So I thought, for the type restriction, in views configuration a filter
> setting is applicable, just like it is in numorous other places. This is
> not documented in the wiki, so I am asking you.
This is present in some versions of EPrints (there was a regression at
some point in 3.2, I don't recall which versions exactly).

Just try on your setup, it might just work, eg add in your view
definition (adapt to your needs...):

filters => [
         { meta_fields => [ "type" ], value => "thesis", describe => 0 }
],

> For the first-letter submenu (not section), there is no option?
Isn't this a "variation"?

variations => [
     "creators_name;first_letter",
#etc..