[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: 3.3.6 JS error in batch Edit
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: 3.3.6 JS error in batch Edit
- From: tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk (Tim Brody)
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:38:45 +0100
- In-reply-to: <CA+BMZ6WgA6ZS2fNpiE+Pt_DyU4_HXVgDXfOmOK4hvVpRzsoYOA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <4EB29366.firstname.lastname@example.org> <EMEW3|ed33e35dfc1792c083a1fbb39d35cc1anA2DE214eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EB29366.email@example.com> <4EDF4444.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EDF4BC3.email@example.com> <EMEW3|5443633a024bf89c629bc53bf8019035nB6AnI14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EDF4444.firstname.lastname@example.org> <EMEW3|df85bfce3e18063feac3b33a14c3a6b5nB6BZN14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|4EDF4BC3.email@example.com> <CA+BMZ6WgA6ZS2fNpiE+Pt_DyU4_HXVgDXfOmOK4hvVpRzsoYOA@mail.gmail.com>
Can you try this patch, which fixes mismatched "progressid"
On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 16:46 +0200, Denis Pitzalis - STARC wrote:
> The error is still present in 3.3.8 with the same symptoms :(
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Rory McNicholl <r.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I need to correct/clarify this bit.
> > On 07/12/11 10:47, Rory McNicholl wrote:
> > Lastly (and most weirdly) I was doing a batch remove on my mac with chrome
> > the response was as explained above. The result was that nothing got
> > removed.
> > I did the same action from chrome on ubuntu, but although the JS and perl
> > errors were the same as described above the items *did* get removed.
> > This was not actually what happened. The JS errors persist for batch editing
> > and batch removal, however the batch editing does actually happen (There are
> > no perl errors).
> > What I had done was moved the records into the user area and thought they
> > had been deleted. Of course the lack of prgress bar/reporting when batch
> > editing added to the confusion.
> > - So Batch editing does work, but doesn't tell the user it has worked.
> > - Batch removal doesn't work and doesn't tell the user it has not worked or
> > worked or anything.
> > Cheers,
> > Rory
> > --
> > Rory McNicholl
> > Technical Manager
> > Digital Archives & Repositories Team
> > University of London Computer Centre
> > Senate House
> > Malet Street
> > London
> > WC1E 7HU
> > t: +44 (0)20 7863 1344
> > e: r.mcnicholl at ulcc.ac.uk
> > w: http://www.ulcc.ac.uk/
> > b: http://dablog.ulcc.ac.uk/
> > The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales and a
> > charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)
> > *** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
> > *** Archive: http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> > *** EPrints community wiki: http://wiki.eprints.org/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/attachments/20120329/e7a1448a/attachment.bin