From:        Tim Brody <tdb2@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
To:        eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Date:        22/05/2012 04:34 PM
Subject:        [EP-tech] Re: [Urgent] transfer all data into new server
Sent by:        eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk

http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Moving_a_repository

> At the point Load the database:
> $ gunzip -c /tmp/myrepo.sql.gz | mysql --user=myrepo --password=XYXY
> myrepo
>
> Is it mean that it load into the new database?
> Because it show a wall of text "mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.23, for
> Linux (x86_64) bla bla bla.........". Its like a manual for mysql.
>
> Since i have access to both (new and old) database. Can i simply dump
> and import using SQLyog?

Yes, that step is just to transfer the database over.

I just checked the above syntax though and it "works for me".

/Tim.

http://wiki.eprints.org/w/How_to_combine_or_migrate_servers

http://edina.ac.uk/

http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
http://wiki.eprints.org/

> *** Archive:
http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
> *** EPrints community wiki:
http://wiki.eprints.org/

[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Mohd Izwan Salim/PTAR/UiTM] *** Options: