[EP-tech] Re: Easydeposit and EPrints.

Thanks Ian,

That helped a lot.

Now I am able to deposit, but the problem is now that the file is not
unpacking on the EPrints side.  I am having this problem with DemoPrints
also.

Any suggestions?  Is there a packager that I should be using somewhere that
is appropriate for eprints.  Currently it is just creating a .ZIP of the
METS.xml and the document itself.

All the best,

David.

On 14 December 2012 16:08, Ian Stuart <Ian.Stuart at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Aha - nice and easy, this one.... you have a few possibles:
>
> 1) make the whole directory tree below
> /usr/share/eprints3/archives/witeprints/documents/ readable by the
> apache server (mainly by setting group permissions), or
>
> 2) edit perl_lib/EPrints/SystemSettings.pm and set 'file_perms' &
> 'dir_perms' to make EPrints create globally read/write-able data
>
> The other one it could have been would be the temporary unpacking -
> however that tends to be into /tmp - so is not normally a problem :)
>

> On 14/12/12 15:47, David Kane wrote:
> > Hi Ian,
> >
> > I am not sure what the x-noop flag is, but I am getting this error
> > message in the apache log for my EPrints installation:
> >

> > Failed to mkdir
> > /usr/share/eprints3/archives/witeprints/documents/disk0/00/00/21/31:
> > Permission denied
> > Unable to write to
> >
> /usr/share/eprints3/archives/witeprints/documents/disk0/00/00/21/31/01/329137284.zip:
> > No such file or directory
>

> --
>
> Ian Stuart.
> Developer: ORI, RJ-Broker, and OpenDepot.org
> Bibliographics and Multimedia Service Delivery team,
> EDINA,
> The University of Edinburgh.
>
> http://edina.ac.uk/
>
> This email was sent via the University of Edinburgh.

David Kane, MLIS.
Systems Librarian
Waterford Institute of Technology
Ireland