[EP-tech] Re: EPrints for Windows?

Tim Brody wrote:
su = change to another user sudo su = call 'su' as root, who can change to any user (Everything on Ubuntu is sudoed)
I know (I used to be a bsd Unix guru years ago), and that's what I ended doing, but was specifically asking about the passwd of the "eprints" user. Can I set it the way I wish (so as to avoid the "sudo su") or will it break the code somewhere?
     1. I set a new logo, and edited the index.xpage
Set a logo how?
I used the first alternative as described in the wiki, overriding the sitelogo.gif in the /archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/static/images directory, and then running "bin/generate_static ARCHIVEID". This did not change the displayed logo (yes, I know about caches and refreshing). I see you suggest using this command differently, with the "--prune" argument, but this is not what the wiki says. I ended up modifying the branding.pl file (the third suggestion in that wiki page, and something you mention too) and it worked. So all I am saying, "Example 1" in that page didn't work for me. Maybe it's a carry-over from previous versions of eprints which doesn't work anymore in eprints 3 without any error message, but it would be helpful for people who install that last version without having gone through the previous ones to be informed of that too.

Michael