EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

[EP-tech] Browse Views - People

Hi All,

I was looking at our file storage usage yesterday and made a surprising discovery. The browse view for people/authors/creators (whichever you choose to call them) takes up a huge amount of storage space on our server.

Presumably because we have a lot of authors listed in EPrints. At any one time almost all of these pages are not in use. Short of disabling this view is there any sort of option to have these pages generated on-the-fly as users request them instead of all being premade?

We're still on an old EPrints as we await a suitable time to switch over to the new server with a more recent version of EPrints.

Thanks,
James