EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

RE: [EP-tech] email sending

Hi Zen,
Is your server already running any mail-queue services (e.g. postfix), where email is cached on the server and sent on to a central email relay?

Is there a setting for ‘smtp_server’ in either of these files:

    [EPRINTS ROOT]/perl_lib/EPrints/SystemSettings.pm

    [EPRINTS ROOT]/lib/syscfg.d/settings.pl

If your server is already running some mail-queue services, this  might be what you need in the above file:

    'smtp_server' => 'localhost',

If you need to connect to a central smtp service, the above should be set to the domain of your email service.

See: https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Setting_up_email

If you have a different requirement, please reply here and we will try to help!