[EP-tech] LDAP and New Users

Hi All,

I'll get to it; we have some new team members that need to log in to my test repository which was recently upgraded. Usually a new user attempts to log in, waits until the next day and then they're in. My new staff members are getting continued failures to log in.

The live repository is fine and allows the new accounts to be created. The difference between the two is that the live repository is awaiting an upgrade while the test repository has been upgraded.

Looking in ../archive/archive_name/cfg/cfg.d/ldap.pl I can see  a note that mentions an "update_users" script in eprints3/bin/. This is apparently set to run each night via cron and creates the new accounts. This file exists on live and not in test (totally fine, I can move it over).

I can't find the "update_users" script listed anywhere on any cron tabs. I borrowed this from stack overflow to loop through each users cron and there is no update_users in any.

This whole process has always been shrouded in mystery for me. Can anybody advise? Ideally I would find how this script is being initiated on live and copy it on to test.

Thanks,
James