From: David R Newman <drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2023 12:49 PM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk; Adams, Thomas <tadams@cshl.edu>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Change of EPrints machine name

Hi Tom,

The main place that the hostname (e.g. repository, newrepository, etc.) is set is in

EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_ID/cfg/cfg.d/10_core.pl

However, once you have done this you should run the following commands to regenerate things and clear caches:

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/generate_apacheconf --system --replace
apachectl restart
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/generate_static ARCHIVE_ID
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin refresh_views ARCHIVE_ID
EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin refresh_abstracts ARCHIVE_ID

The only other place I tend to find that the hostname might be hardcoded is if you archive has an ssl/securehost.conf file.  Where you will need to change the ServerName attribute and maybe generate a temporary Let's Encrypt certificate for the new hostname.  At that point you will need to update the SSLCertificate... attributes as well.

Beyond this, if you have an existing EPrints repository you have not always maintained your predecessor may have hardcoded the hostname in the code or configuration at an archive level.  Usually a grep for the hostname in the archives's cfg directory (EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_ID/cfg/) will find these.  You are best trying to fix the fact that they are hardcoded, so this does not cause a problem in future.

Regards

David Newman