Re: [EP-tech] Reindex errors

Found this:

With this solution:

My indexing.pl file isn't quite the same, but I get the general idea. In case it's helpful to anyone else.

Thanks,
James

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 3:51 PM James Kerwin <jkerwin2101@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can lend me some knowledge. Crawling towards the end of my test repository server upgrade. Managed to import the MySQL database after some fussing about.

Doing a reindex of the eprint dataset. Got a few missing phrase errors which is quite helpful.

Got this one twice that I've no idea about:

 Internal Error: xref num 779 not found but needed, try to reconstruct<0a>

A quick Google suggests it's something to do with PDFs? Should I be worried?

This one has appeared a lot:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Data too long for column 'word' at row 1 at /opt/eprints3/bin/../perl_lib/EPrints/Database.pm line 1283.

It looks as though the column "word" appears in:

document__rindex
eprint__rindex
request__rindex
saved_search__rindex
subject__rindex
user__rindex

In the eprint__rindex table the "word" column is varchar(128). I imagine if I change the length/type this error might go away. Is this the correct thing to do or is it a sign of something more serious?

As this is my Test server it's a dry run for the Live server upgrade and I don't want to just ignore errors. The Live upgrade will need to be a much quicker affair and have as few delays as possible.

Thanks,
James