[EP-tech] Document field title/help-text using a phrase in workflow

I've just observed some curious behaviour in EPrints 3.3.16, and wondered whether it also impacts 3.4.x (don't have a test system at hand to try it out at the moment).

In the default eprint workflow, in the 'files' stage, if you define a document field title or help-text using a phrase, it doesn't get rendered for the second (or more) document.
To re-create:
  1. upload two documents to an eprint.
  2. In the workflow, change the default field spec:
    1. <field ref="license"/>
  3. to use a phrase for the help-text:
    1. <field ref="license">
    2.   <help><epc:phrase ref="archive_name"/></help>
    3. </field>
  1. re-load the 'Upload' workflow - the 'show help' icon is not rendered for the licence field for the second document (see screenshot below)
If you embed text directly into the workflow (bad practice!)
  <help>This is some help text</help>
it appears to work OK.

I think the issue is with the caching of the html_xhtml field property in EPrint::MetaField.

and I suspect the issue may lie with this 'clone':