Re: [EP-tech] Storage of PDF files

Hi Francis,

I think this may be due to EPrints determining the directory to use by alphabetical order.  Up to disk9 this would work but as soon as you hit disk10 you will have a problem.  I think if you create a disk9a this should work and then subsequently you would need to create disk9b, disk9c, etc.

The purpose of using new directories under documents has been so if you run out of space on a disk partition you can add a new disk partition and then symlink this to disk1 (as opposed to disk0).  I don't think at the time this feature was created we ever thought anyone would get to more that ten disks (disk9 being the 10th if you start from disk0), as you would make sure that the next disk partition you added would be big enough to last many years, even if the number and size of documents being added increased significantly.  Nowadays, with LVM making it so much easier to expand disk partitions, most people do not need to add new disk directories they would just expand the disk partition for the disk0 directory.

Regards

David Newman