[EP-tech] Query regarding EPrints API

I am a developer from Clarivate Technologies and I work for the product converis. We have a feature where we export publications into EPrints. The export is done in the form of an xml.

When we export publications into EPrints we also export the files attached to it. We do this by putting the encoded contents of the file in the ‘data’ xml tag something like this.

<documents>

     <document>

          <files>

              <file>

                  <filename>filename.txt</filename>

                  <data>MjAyMiwOS0wNCAyMzoyNDo0M4MDEgRVJST1IgW2NvbS5jb252ZXJpy5kYXRhZXhjaGFuZ2U&#13;</dat

</file>

          </files>

          <format>text/plain</format>

          <main>filename.txt</main>

     </document>

</documents>

We have an issue where the export fails if the size of the attached file exceeds 4MB.

The export works fine if the file size is in kilo bytes or if there is no file.

Is there a workaround to this?

Can we export the same file in parts(ex. 1MB at a time) to the same publication instead of a huge size (ex. 10MB) at one shot?

Thanks and Regards

Divije Narasimhachar

Senior Software Engineer

Clarivate™
Accelerating innovation

Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential information from Clarivate. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.