Re: [EP-tech] Return WITHOUT notification

Hi James,

I forgot to mention that you will need to specify that the Screen::EPrint::Remove plugin will need to be set to appear in the eprint_actions_bar_buffer.  E.g.:

$c->{plugins}->{"Screen::EPrint::Remove"}->{appears}->{eprint_actions_bar_buffer} = 1000;

I have compared the 3.4.3 and 3.3.12 codebases and I cannot see anything that would lead to the Remove button being present on 3.3.12 and not on 3.4.3.  As far as I can tell, by default the Remove button should have never been present in the EPrints action bar when an item is under review, only the Remove (with notification) button.

The Remove button should only ever be able to appear under the eprint's actions tab, the actions next to an eprint on the Manage Deposits page and the eprint's action bar once it is in the live archive.  However, if EPrints is working correctly it should only be able to appear in any of these locations if the user meets the appropriate permission criteria.  Without the +eprint/buffer/remove:editor permission added to the editor/admin user type (as described in my earlier email), even with the above screen plugin configuration, the Remove button will still not appear.

What is baffling for 3.3.12, is that both the Screen::EPrint::Remove plugin does not specify that the Remove button should appear under the eprint's action bar when is under review.  Even if it did there is no user type that has a permission to allow for the Remove button to appear in that location.  Therefore, EPrints 3.4.3 correctly implements where the Remove button should appear.  It also has the further new requirement to add another permission to allow items that are or have been in the live archive to be (completely) removed.

Regards

David Newman