Re: [EP-tech] Return WITHOUT notification

Hi James,

I think the "remove without notification" got removed by default partly to ensure better traceability, so editors/admins did not delete items without notifying the user but also as this caused button clutter in the actions bar and  also indecision with editors/admins on which option they should use.  You can re-enable this by adding the following two lines to your archive's cfg/cfg.d/user_roles.pl for both/either the of the editor/admin roles:

    +eprint/inbox/remove:editor
    +eprint/buffer/remove:editor

You may need to copy user_roles.pl from flavours/pub_lib/cfg.d/ to your archive, so you can edit an archive specific copy.  Once done, obviously reload your webserver to apply the changes.

I will endeavour to add this to the known issues at:

https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_3.4.3#Known_Issues

I should also not that a further feature was added in 3.4.3 to prevent deletion of items that are in or have at some point been in the live archive.  You will need to add the following user role (probably to just specific admin users you trust through their user profile):

    +eprint/remove_once_archived

Regards

David Newman