Re: [EP-tech] Browse by year

Hi Francis,

You should not need it in local.xml as well.  However, what normally happens is somewhere else sets the phrase to an empty string.  There are two options to try definitively override this:

1. Find the phrase in https://eprints.iisc.ac.in/cgi/users/home?screen=Admin%3A%3APhrases and edit it to set it to "Not Specified".  This will almost definitely override it but if not try 2.

2. Create a file in your archive's cfg/lang/en/phrases/ directory called zzz_iisc.xml with contents something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE phrases SYSTEM "entities.dtd">
<epp:phrases xmlns=MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.w3.org" claiming to be "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:epp="http://eprints.org/ep3/phrase" xmlns:epc="http://eprints.org/ep3/control">
    <epp:phrase id="viewnull_eprint_year">Not Specified</epp:phrase>
</epp:phrases>

Once you have made these changes you will need to regenerate the view with the command I provided in an earlier email or reload EPrints (i.e. reload or restart the webserver) and then run:

EPRINTS_PATH/bin/epadmin refresh_views ARCHIVEID

Regards

David Newman